This article describes the way you can generate keys by a simple web request through another website or an application.
Nowadays, many operations are performed by a computer. In terms of software distribution, it is an advantage if the entire cycle (app downloaded, evaluated, purchased, activated) is automatized. External key generation is one of the pieces in the software distribution puzzle. For example, Key Generation allows your customers to receive a valid license directly after purchasing your product.
Enabling Key Generation
- First, log in to your account so that you can access you security page: https://serialkeymanager.com/User/Security.
- Press Allow external key generation.
- (later) Copy the Private Key.
Once this feature is activated (step 2), any request that is in the correct format with the private key (step 3) will be able to generate one key in a given product, if the product is set to Is Public.
Generating a Key
Once you have enabled key generation, you are able to generate a new key. The simplest way is to assign all parameters (can be found here) to get a link that will return the specific key you want. A quick way to get that link without actually reading the Web API documentation is as following:
- Select the product: https://serialkeymanager.com/Product
- Press Create New Key
- Fill in all the parameters (such as set time, features, etc.)
- Press on the </> button.
- Copy the link in the textbox.
Done! If you try to visit the link, you will notice that a new key will be returned. If you prefer to get a json object instead, please add &json=true .